It’s only about a month away! Here are a few things you should know…
Most of you have sent back your RSVPs, called us, Facebooked us, or sent carrier pigeons to tell us one way or another. Thank you for letting us know, and thank you for all the cute messages on the RSVPs. We are just a few days away from our RSVP deadline (May 15th) and we’re still wondering about a few of you, not naming names. Please let us know if you plan on coming but haven’t sent the RSVP to us yet. We need to make sure to have enough seats, transportation, and food for all of you.
A few fun things you should know:
• Almost the entire wedding, ceremony and reception are in the grass. In fact, we will be sharing the ceremony location (Waterfront Park) with the local goose population. We recommend considering this when choosing your footwear for the day.
• Weather could be damp. Please bring an umbrella. We know if you bring them it won’t rain. Plus, we want the locals to know who the out-of-towners are. 😉 – In case you’re curious about the weather on our day, check this out.
• We’re planning a welcome party for guests who will be in Portland on Thursday night, the 11th of June. It’s all ages from 7-9 pm and adults only from 9 pm on. We will fill you in on the details soon.
• Transportation will be provided from Silverton to the ceremony location in the morning, from the ceremony location to the Silverton reception site, and back to Portland at the end of the night if needed. We do not have adequate parking in Silverton for you all, so please get in touch with us if you need to arrange parking at the reception or if you would like to take our shuttle in the morning from Silverton to Portland before the Ceremony. See the transportation scheduled and options here.
• For those of you who received a Sweet Treats request in your invitations, details are coming soon!
• For those who are traveling here for the wedding, we will be sharing a fun list of what to do and see in Portland while you’re here, but you can get started with my travel blog for now: www.traveleathike.com. This link will bring you to the Portland search on my blog.
We are so excited about our day and can’t wait to see you all!
Laura & Daniel